2.Fitness and Nutrition Consultant for Teens and Children
3. website- www.opt2bfit.com
My BodyProud Story: Obstacles I Overcame, My Transformations & My Triumphs
1. My twin boys
2.Becoming a Pediatrician
3. Being on The Today Show talking about Body Image
4. Meeting the First Lady, Michelle Obama
5.Being featured in More Magazine
6. Representing Stanford University as a varsity gymnast
What It Means to Me to Be BodyProud:
It was the fall of 2002 when my sister and I were at the Rio Resort looking for a chapel for her wedding. While waiting for the wedding consultant, my sister noticed a fitness show going on at the Rio. We decided to check it out. After watching a few routines, my sister challenged me to compete in fitness since I had been a gymnast back in the 1970's. At this time, I also challenged her to run a marathon. We both fulfilled our challenges!
My Life Message, Dreams, Mission or Cause:
2010 Trifitness- won the Fitness Category
2010 Legacy Nationals Ms. Fitness --first place
2010 Team USA International Forever Natural--first place
2010 Ms. Fitness USA placed 6th
2010 Ms. Fitness World placed 12th
To Be My Own SUPERHERO, I Challenge Myself to:
Spreading the word to other athletes about BodyProud.org who are interested a hollistic approach to fitness--physically fit, nutritionally fit and spirtually fit.
Actions I am Proud to Have Taken:
K.I.S.S Moto for fitness, nutrition and life in general
Keep it Simple, Stupid; If you keep things in your life simple, you are more likely to be happy and to succeed.
Life Advice that Helped Me and I Believe Can Help You:
1. Be persistent
2. Be Consistent
3. When beginning an exercise program, realize that you may not see external changes right away, but understand that internal changes are occuring immediately. You are improving the fitness of your heart and other organs. Have faith that the external changes will follow!
4. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid!
5. Fiber is your friend...lots of fruits and vegetables
6. Portion control
How I Succeeded in Transforming Myself: (my actions, AHAs, or new belief system)
1. No Yo-yo dieting! I believe that one should eat healthy all year round.
2. Consume a lot of diverse fruits and vegetables
3. Vary your sources of protein to include nuts, beans and lentils
4. Avoid Fast Food
5. Fiber is your friend
6. Practice portion control
My bodyPROUD Intentions:
Become a Role Model to My Children & Family, Be an Inspiration to Others, Gain Exposure
Please Help ME with:
Maintenance care of joints and muscles.
Expressing Gratitude is a Key Ingredient to a Happy Life. I Am Grateful for:
I am grateful for my health and my family's health. If you have your health, you are truly wealthy!
My Hero / Role Model / Trainer / Sponsor / Coach / Guru... and Why
My first hero was Olga Korbut. She sparked my interest in gymnastics back in 1972. Venus and Serena Williams--their relentless work ethic is inspiring. Lastly, some of the Cirque de Soliel preformers who train at the gym that I attend. I see them most days of the week perfecting their art. Even though their performances look phenomenal to me, they work diligently to improve.
Personal Trainer &/or Fitness Professional, Parent, CEO, Healthcare, Professional